Quart Jade Green High Temperature Stove Paint
Thurmalox 270/290 series coatings are high temperature, fast drying formulations based on silicone resins and thermally stable pigments. They are formulated specifically to protect stoves (wood, coal, gas, pellet, etc.), hearth equipment and other metal surfaces operating at temperatures up to 1200° F (648° C). Thurmalox 270/290 series coatings provide outstanding adhesion, film integrity, color stability and thermal chock resistance throughout this entire temperature range.
Thurmalox 270/290 series coatings are available in a wide range of standard, and custom colors.
- Stoves (wood, coal, pellet, gas, etc.)
- Stove pipe
- Free-standing fireplaces and fireplace inserts
- Fireplace hoods, screens, and accessories
- Furnaces and heaters
- Engines, manifolds, mufflers
- Withstands intense heat to 1200° F (648° C)
- Will not peel, flake or chalk
- Won’t bleach or discolor
- Withstands repeated thermal cycling
- Dries for handling in 15 minutes
- Available 12 oz. aerosol cans for touch-up • Resistant to scratching and marring
Not Recommended For
- Immersion service
- Direct contact with flame
- To ensure optimum long term coating system performance, surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dirt, oil grease, salts, welding flux, oxides, old paint or other foreign matter.
- Prepare surface by power washing, vapor degreasing, solvent cleaning or other chemical and mechanical methods.
- Surface cleaning methods recommended will depend upon type of foreign matter to be removed and condition of substrate. Consult Dampney Technical Service for specific recommendations.
Redisperse any settled pigments by stirring with a paint paddle followed by thorough mixing to a uniform consistency with an explosion-proof or sir-driven power mixer. Do not open containers until ready to use. Keep lid on container when not in use.
- One coat of Thurmalox 270/290 series coatings at 1.0 mil (25 microns) is suitable for use on stoves and other hearth accessories.
- For optimum protection apply two coats of Thurmalox 270 series coatings to a dry film thickness of 1.0 mil (25 microns) per coat. Total recommended dry film thickness is 2.0 mils (50 microns).
- The number of coats of Thurmalox 270/290 series coatings needed depends upon service conditions of equipment.
Apply by airless, conventional or HVLP spray methods. Application by roller is permissible, but not recommended. Application by brush is also not recommended except for porous surfaces such as cast iron.